Wednesday, February 10, 2010

i-Wireless

I posted a while back about the cell phone and plan I had bought Marv for his birthday. You can catch up on that post here.

As the post states I was extrememly excited about the awesome deal we were receiving with their service.

Unfortunately, I received the following email:

Hello, my name is ***** and I work for i-wireless. I came across your blog and wanted to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our FREE MINUTES program and our company. I often read through blogs for both work and personal purposes, and it’s nice to see our program working for so many people.

The reason I am writing is to ask about the plan you have the phone set up on. If you are with our basic pay-as-you-go plan of 20¢ per minute, your FREE MINUTES earnings will cap out at 100. If you are on any monthly plan, you can earn up to 1500 FREE MINUTES. This is communicated in our brochure and on our website, but I wanted to reach out personally and let you know of the caps, in case you are on the Basic plan. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance.

My reply:

Thank you so much for writing! I was glad to promote your company. I am thus far extremely pleased with the service and your personal concern only furthers my trust in your company!!

I do have a question concerning the free minutes. Since, I shop almost exclusively at Kroger the free minutes is what enticed me to get the phone. I did however neglect to receive a brochure before buying the phone.

Does the free minutes cap at 100 and I cannot ever earn more with my Kroger purchases or do the minutes only cap when not being used?

If my minutes cap and I cannot earn anymore with my Kroger purchases, I can assure you this makes it not such a great deal after all. I would be very disappointed and I would not have purchased the phone to begin with or I would have returned it.

I think it was a great gesture on your part to show personal concern and contact me. I hope your company realizes what a great asset someone with your customer service abilities is to their organization but I have to show personal concern for my wallet and will anxiously await your clarification.

Thank you!


**Keep your fingers crossed and I will keep you posted!**

blog comments powered by Disqus