Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Saving Money On Ink


All the coupons I have been printing lately have really started to tax my budget! Ofcourse printing coupons still allows me to save money but exactly how much, when I have went thru 2 black cartridges in a month. Ridiculous!! A lady at work actually gave me $5 last week to go towards my ink purchase and this week she brought me a pack of paper. I must have been complaining a bit too much because I certainly didn't mean for her to do that.

Anyways, I got online last night to compare prices. Walmart has my ink here for $14.99 for a single black cartridge (yields 150 pages). I checked Office Depot, same price.

I checked Office Max. They have Office Max brand of compatible inks for HP, Dell, Lexmark, Brother etc. much cheaper. Today, I bought a twin pack of black cartridges (yields 300 pages) for just $18.37. When I went into the store the prices were not marked. I asked a CS to ring up the price for me. She did and it rang up $21. I told her the online price was $18 something and she told me she would price match their online price for me. Sweet! I even turned in 5 empty cartridges for $15 in MaxPerks that can be used on any purchase.

I never thought much about saving money on ink because I didn't really go through very much. I would stop by Wmart for a cartridge once every couple of months but recently as much as twice a month. What can I say? It's been a good couple of weeks for IP's.

So, how do you save money when printing so many coupons? Any good suggestions? If you are new to couponing and have not given it much thought, what are some ways you think you could save?


blog comments powered by Disqus