Thursday, October 1, 2009

Molly


This is my dog Molly. I really like her but she comes with quirks. She is absolutely terrified of thunder. One morning I woke up at 5 am to what I thought was someone breaking into the house. I jumped out of bed and went into the living room and Molly's head was literally sticking thru the door. She had clawed, chewed and wiggled her way in. I let her in but was so angry I was beyond words. I now had a hole in the middle of my door that I could stick my fist through. She has also torn the siding and trim off the house when no one was home. Yes, both times it was storming.
Molly is a picky eater. She will snub her nose at cold hot dogs but loves them microwaved. Don't even think about dog food. Wet or dry, it doesn't matter. I have tied her in the yard before with a bowl of food. Three days later it was untouched and had maggots in it. My trash is never torn into and neither is the neighbors.
She is a big chicken. Definitely not a protector. She would as soon stand behind you as protect you. She whimpers and shakes and waits for you to soothe her.
She loves to walk with me and I never have to use a leash. She will stay right beside me and if she starts to stray all I have to say is her name. She barks at anyone who comes in the yard and with my neighbors, believe me, that is a plus. Since I had her, about 7 years now, I haven't had anything stolen.
This evening she bit a neighboring child. No major injury, just a scratch. She has never liked children. I don't blame her. They are tormentors of the worse kind. This is not the first time I have seen her nip at this child. I am sure she has done something to make Molly distrust her but I cannot and will not have a dog that bites children.
I really like her but she is only a dog after all. I will not take her to the pound but she cannot stay here anymore. Tomorrow she will have a new home. A home where she can come and go as she pleases and answer to no one. She will have many acres to roam and forage for food. I am sure her new peeps will not cater to her gourmet taste buds. I hope she is happy and I hope I don't have to own another dog again. I don't want the responsibility or the expense.
blog comments powered by Disqus