Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Frugal Eats the Kids Will Love


I found this recipe on pillsbury and this is the second time in a week I have made these. We love them. Be cautious, I can feed my man just like I can the kids, he is not very adventurous with food but my dad would probably divorce my mother if she put these on his plate!

Crescent Dogs ~$2.10 total on dinner!

Ingredients:

8 Hotdogs ~ $0.65 @ Aldi's

4 slices of American cheese (cut each in 6 strips) ~ roughly $0.40 (mine was free from my mom who had shredded cheese she needed used up and gave to me)

1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls ~$1.05 from my Kroger trip 2 weeks ago. See here.


1. Heat oven to 375°F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.


2. Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.


3. Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.


blog comments powered by Disqus