Thursday, November 6, 2008

Office Lunch Friday

Work use to reimburse me for meals (up to $5) but they don't anymore. 2 of the 3 days I work I can either pack or eat out. Mostly, I like to pack my lunch, not so much for nutritional reasons but for frugalities sake. Sometimes though eating out can cost the same as packing.
Once a week or so you get those Redplum coupon mailers for various restaurants. You look at them and throw them in the trash right? Wait! Sometimes there are SUPER deals to be had!
A couple of weeks ago I ate at Fazoli's for lunch. I had a coupon for BOGO free baked spaghetti. My friend and I used the coupon and got 2 waters. Total cost less than $2 each with unlimited breadsticks!
Clip those coupons and put them in a small basket for your office to share. Split meal coupons on the BOGO free items and eat 1/2 price. I put my mailers from last week in the magazine rack after I looked at them and forgot about them. I pulled them out this evening and saw that I missed a free McCafe beverage from McDonald's. No purchase necessary! The coupon expired tonight! UGH! Free food is there to be had, if only we pay attention.
blog comments powered by Disqus