Friday, October 31, 2008

Recycle Halloween Candy


I read an article @ Parenthood.com called "10 Things To Do With All That Halloween Candy". I will not list all 10 recycling tips they gave because a few of them are a bit unpractical for me and while a couple seem like good ideas, I know I would not follow through. But I did list one that I thought was an absolutely wonderful idea and can be enjoyed and shared by everyone.


Bake it. You don’t have to freeze the candy to keep it fresh. Kept in an airtight container, it will last long after Halloween. Later, you can bake surprise cupcakes. Push a soft candy into the middle of the batter in each cup before baking. Decorate the icing with more candies. You can also substitute bits of chocolate bars in your favorite chocolate-chip cookie recipe.


blog comments powered by Disqus